Apr. 9, 2019
- Fixed a critical issue.
Apr. 2, 2019
- Introduced native printing again. Now you can directly print again from File → Print… without needing to export a PDF first or rely on another application. We also fixed a bunch of bugs, so printing should work reliable across platforms and versions.
- Updated Google login to comply with Google’s new authentication system.
- Fixed New from Template option on Welcome screen to work correctly again.
- Selecting fonts in the font list with arrow keys also works reliably in Firefox now.
Feb. 20, 2019
- Improved PayPal payments.
- Fixed performance issues in the Mac desktop app.
- Removed redundant Blur filter.
- Solved problem with incorrect spacing of certain font families.
- Fixed that the “Missing fonts” dialog doesn’t block the font selection anymore.
Feb. 6, 2019
- Folders in the Cloud dialog are included in the normal scrolling flow again.
- Fixed a problem with missing files in the Cloud.
- Solved multiple issues with PDF export.
- Character spacing is correct again on the canvas.
Jan. 31, 2019
- Fixed a problem with folders in Firefox.
Jan. 29, 2019
With this release we are focusing on internationalization and some long overdue additions and optimizations in this regard. The first being the support of right-to-left (and top-to-bottom) languages, which finally enables to use scripts such as Arabic, Hebrew and Persian in Gravit Designer. In addition, we also included many other non-Latin characters sets, including Japanese, Chinese, Bengali or Georgian, to name a few.
But we didn’t stop there: The Cloud dialog received a massive overhaul with some new functionality and we have some new controls for text layers in the Inspector, including some advanced options like subscript, fractions, and paragraph spacing.
Please read on for all changes or have a look at the release article on our Medium blog.
- RTL (right-to-left) and TTB (top-to-bottom) language support for text layers, available in this new dropdown in the Inspector.
- New “script” selection in the Inspector to choose between the different character sets contained in a font. Try Noto Sans for example.
- New text features and improvements:
- New controls for bold, italic, underline, and strikethrough right in the Inspector.
- New advanced text settings (available at this icon): Subscript, superscript, ligatures, and fractions; uppercase, capitalize, lowercase, and small caps transformations; paragraph indent and spacing. Please read more in the related article.
- Ctrl/Cmd + B and Ctrl/Cmd + I now work for entire text layers, not only parts of them.
- Having multiple font weights in the same text layer now shows Mixed in the Weight field.
- Pressing Shift + Enter now creates a soft break, that’s not affected by paragraph spacing.
- Ability to set the zoom stop with a double-click on the zoom icon in the toolbar. Please see this video.
- In case you have missed it, we have a full user guide available now, that should cover all questions about Gravit Designer.
- Improved Cloud dialog (File → Open from Cloud… and File → Save to Cloud…) with an overhauled appearance and some new functionality:
- Ability to maximize the dialog to fill the whole window.
- Search function.
- Change between card view (default) and list view for a better overview and more clarity.
- Files can be directly download from here now.
- File operations are now only available when selecting files. Alternatively, you can also use the context-menu. Please see this video.
- Massively improved support for non-Latin character sets, including Arabic and Hebrew, Cyrillic, Chinese, Indic, Japanese, Greek, Georgian, Vietnamese, Persian, Burmese, and more.
- Pasted text is automatically detected and switches to the correct font.
- Web Fonts now include new Noto Sans font families, enabling you to use these character sets right away.
- Enabled proper line breaks for Asian characters.
- Renamed Settings to Account settings in the user dialog for more clarity.
- Reorganized options in the Help menu in the toolbar.
- Updated Web Fonts to include all the shiny new Google Fonts.
- Added proper checkmarks for all options in the toolbar in the MacOS app.
- Continued improving SVG support.
- Made more efforts to improve the performance of Gravit Designer.
- Social logins (Facebook, Google) now have a proper close button.
- Worked on reducing rendering artifacts.
- Fixed various bugs for the light theme.
- Having the context-menu (right-click) open and pressing Esc doesn’t leave Edit mode anymore but only closes the context-menu.
- Shapes clipped to text layers are now properly exported to SVG.
- Ensured that Show Version History (from the File menu) works reliably and doesn’t loose any progress.
- The message shown when entering Fullscreen mode (from View → Toggle fullscreen…) is now displayed correctly in the light theme.
- Trying to access a PRO feature in free mode now shows the correct dialog again.
- Logging in now works properly on Chrome OS and in the the Chrome extension.
- Solved an issue that screwed up the canvas and rendered it unusable.
- Icons from the Libraries can now be inserted properly again.
- Fixed various issues with angular gradients in Firefox.
By the way, if you didn’t notice it yet: We switched to a new version naming, that puts less emphasis on the version number, but rather uses a subsequent number for each release throughout the year.
Nov. 30, 2018
- Our first-ever Friday release with some last-minute fixes. 😉
Nov. 29, 2018
- Improvements to the View Mode:
- Removed Full View and Fast View and made Outline View a toggle switch in the View menu.
- Brought Output View to the Inspector as a separate Clip content icon. This view is now turned on by default, meaning that elements outside a page are clipped. Please see this video.
- Improved the dialog when closing a document with unsaved progress and added distinctive Don’t save, Cancel, and Save… buttons to clarify the various actions.
- More enhancements to the rendering speed of Gravit Designer.
- Improvements to EPS import:
- Text layers are now converted to outlines (paths) by default, to ensure that everything looks as the creator of the EPS file imagined it. This feature can be switched off in Edit → Settings → Outline fonts in EPS import. When off, the font of text layers can still be replaced.
- Image masks are now supported.
- To help solving bugs for the development team, you now have the option to Send developer details in the Help menu. It prepares the output of the application’s developer console to be sent to us.
- New maintenance mode, that notifies you about Gravit Designer currently not being available due to an update.
- Various improvements to SVG importing.
- Fixed that elements clipped to compound paths didn’t display correctly.
- Facebook and Google login now works properly on Chrome OS and in the Chrome extension.
- Fixed that the save icon was never disabled, even when there were no changes to save.
- Open Sans Condensed doesn’t trigger “Missing fonts” dialog anymore.
- Fixed problem with auto-update in MacOS.
- All web fonts are showing the correct previews again.
- Fixed a problem with aligned compound shapes.
- Show Symbol Labels (from View → Canvas) works properly again.
- Fixed various rendering artifacts.
Nov. 15, 2018
- Fixed a few bugs with signup and user accounts.
Nov. 9, 2018
- Fixed fullscreen mode.
Nov. 8, 2018
- Fixed outline view mode.
- Fixed angular gradient which exported incorrectly.
Nov. 7, 2018
- Fixed a bug that PDF files got exported without text layers.
- The Size dropdown in the Export dialog now works correctly again.
Nov. 5, 2018
This one is huge: We massively improved the performance and rendering speed of Gravit Designer, so it should run as soft as butter no matter which type of design you are working on.
Another improvement we are particularly proud of is EPS compatibility. EPS files should now open flawlessly, perform better and load much faster.
We’d love to get your feedback on the forum or the social media channels (Twitter, Facebook). For more information about Gravit Designer 3.5 check out this article.
This update is automatically downloaded and installed in the next days if you are using Gravit Designer 3.4.5 or later. It will also be available from the app stores again throughout this week. Finally, you can download it on our website, too.
- Illustrator (AI) file import: Files saved with the “Create PDF Compatible File” option can now be opened in Gravit Designer. A message will be shown in case the file isn’t compatible.
- Version History: Access up to 20 past versions of your designs saved on the Gravit Cloud. Continue working from a different point, restore a critical element or see how your design evolved. It can be accessed from File → Show Version History. Please read more in this article.
- Massive improvements to the rendering performance. Gravit Designer should perform way better in all situations now.
- Increased compatibility of EPS files. They should open without any flaws now.
- Generally improved loading times of all kinds of files.
- The divider between the Pages and Layers panel can now be moved to give more space to either.
- Removed “Mask” blending modes to prevent confusion. Please use one of the ways shown in this video to mask content instead.
- Brought back “Fit All” in the toolbar by popular demand. Always listening to our users. 🙂
- Added a warning about linked images (File → Link Image…), that they will not be available when opening the file on another computer or in the web app.
- Added a couple of new presets, including Apple Watch 4, new iPhones, Google Pixel 2/XL and more.
- Removed Retina Display option in Export dialog (File → Export → Export…) as this term is quite outdated. Please use the Size field with “2x” for example instead.
- Our support team can now be reached from the brand new support form. Linked it in Help → Contact us in the menu bar.
- Hidden layers are not considered for snapping anymore.
- In turn, locked layers are now considered for snapping and they also show smart guides.
- Improved precision for the Position and Size of SVG files.
- Further improved exporting elements with borders to SVG.
- Ensured that files finished saving when closing Gravit Designer.
- Locked layers can now be used as “Key objects”: When selecting multiple layers alongside a locked element, the other elements are aligned to the locked layer. Please see this video.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Cloud files to be exported to PDF.
- Finally eradicated the “Loading has failed” bug.
- Dashed and dotted lines now show properly in imported SVG files.
- Locked layers aren’t affected by aligning anymore.
- PDF export:
- Fixed multiple problems that prevented designs from exporting.
- Semi-opaque elements (patterns, groups) are properly exported now.
- Fixed some bugs when uploading a profile picture and added a correct error message.
- Showing correct message again when trying to close a file with unsaved progress.
- We continued to improve SVG import and fixed various bugs.
- Fixed a bug with toggling the visibility of layers.
Oct. 18, 2018
- We are running out of version numbers. 😉 Solved another problem that needed a timely fix.
Oct. 10, 2018
- Fixed a critical bug.
Oct. 05, 2018
- Fixed a problem with auto-update on macOS.
Oct. 04, 2018
- Fixed a critical bug with auto-update, that prevented fetching the correct version.
Sep. 24, 2018
We are continuing our efforts to improve Gravit Designer and fix bugs.
- Gravit Designer now checks for updates regularly to make sure that you are always running the latest version. To check for a new version manually, go to Help → Check for updates.
- The border position of open paths is now limited to Center to prevent incorrect line endings.
- Exported PDFs now show the correct meta data for Author (when logged in), Title (the current file name), and Created with (Gravit Designer).
- Moved all Show options from the View menu in the menu bar to the Canvas submenu for more clarity.
- The Keep ratio setting in the Inspector is now remembered after closing Gravit Designer.
- The context menu is now shown correctly for the Pen, Bezigon, and Knife tools when making a right-click in the Layers panel.
- Optimized designer.io to work better on mobile devices.
- Selecting a layer in the Layers panel and moving it with the arrow keys now updates its position immediately.
- SVG export:
- Text layers with inner shadows are properly exported now.
- Borders with different position settings (Inside and Center) are now properly exported, also in clipped shapes.
- Fixed a problem with text layers clipped to elements with borders.
- Effects that extend the natural properties of elements, like shadows or blurs, are now considered properly when exporting.
- The Back to top link in the Libraries now works properly and doesn’t close the search results or selected categories anymore.
- Fixed that the Equal Margins setting for pages in the Inspector can’t be switched off.
- Fixed a problem with text layers, that caused rendering problems when zoomed in or out.
- Selecting elements doesn’t produce lags anymore.
- Fixed various issues in offline mode.
- Dragging layers in Layers panel now shows a correct preview again.
- Solved a problem that images were invisible on the canvas under certain circumstances.
- The Color Adjust effect works properly again in the latest version of Chrome.
- Elements with CMYK colors don’t cause problems with PDF export anymore.
Aug. 29, 2018
- Fixed another critical issue with the offline mode.
- Fixed preview images in Cloud dialog and Libraries.
Aug. 27, 2018
Fixed a critical issue with the offline mode.
Aug. 23, 2018
We’re working hard to fix critical bugs in Gravit Designer and bring improvements. Here’s the result:
- Submenus in the menu bar now stay open when being tapped on a touch device, also when being clicked.
- Improved text cursor on dark backgrounds.
- Improved appearance of the selection box on backgrounds with a similar color.
- Unified ordering and naming of Compound Shapes (formerly “Merge”).
- Added a note when entering fullscreen mode with instructions how to close it.
- Removed “Invert selection mode” option in Settings for more focus. Note: Can be done at any time by holding Alt.
- We couldn’t make it yet to support Sketch files created in v50+, so we added a note when trying to open such files.
- “Infinite Canvas” is now properly intended in the page presets list in the Inspector.
- Created proper emails for activation and password reset.
- SVG export:
- Elliptical fills now work correctly.
- Text layers have correct quotes now.
- Improved rendering of elements with inside and centered borders.
- Fixed a problem with exporting gradients and shadows.
HEXinput field in color dialog:
- It’s now limited to 6 + 1 characters.
- Disabled the mouse wheel and arrow keys.
- Fixed that the text preview in the fonts list doesn’t match the font.
- Exporting from “Make exportable” doesn’t add “_1” anymore to the filename.
- Input field for the border size doesn’t loose focus anymore when smaller than “0”.
Jul. 31, 2018
- Fixed a bug where the dark background remained when opening a panel in the Inspector.
- Fixed that borders didn’t scale properly in SVG export.
- Fixed a bug that prevented elements with both inner and drop shadows from exporting to SVG and PDF.
Jul. 09, 2018
We are back with the first big release of Gravit Designer after the acquisition by Corel, and it features massive improvements to exporting, mainly for SVG and PDF files. But we also have a bunch of other goodies for you. Please download Gravit Designer 3.4 here. Have got questions or found some issues (or just want to congratulate on the awesome release)? Please visit our forum.
- Improvements to SVG export:
- All layers names are exported as
IDs now. This can be switched off in the export dialog (“Retain attributes and add IDs”).
typeof imported SVGs are now retained when exporting as an SVG. Can also be switched off from the same option as above.
- Added a new option “Preserve editing capabilities for SVG files” in the Export dialog. When switched on, it ensures that SVGs can be properly re-imported into Gravit Designer.
- Ellipses and circles are now created with the appropriate and tags when exported as an SVG.
- Showing a warning message when trying to export an SVG with unsupported effects/features.
- Enhanced the importing of SVGs considerably, including shadows, gradients and borders. This also includes improvements to the exporting capabilities.
- The extended area caused by certain effects (blur for example) is now considered when exporting.
- All layers names are exported as
- Improvements to PDF export:
- Massively improved exporting of PDFs at high resolutions (150 and 300 dpi). The exporting process can now be canceled at any time and in case a file can’t be exported at all (if the dimensions are too large), a message is shown.
- Drop shadows and inner shadows are now exported with the best possible quality in PDFs.
- Optimized duplicate and copy/paste behavior.
- Replaced clone tool with duplicate ( Ctrl/⌘ + D) and enabled smart duplicate, also for Alt-drag and groups.
- Improved Paste in Place, in that it pastes content at the top-left of the currently selected element (shortcut ⇧ + Ctrl/⌘ + V).
- Improved Paste inside Selection, which still clips content to the selected shape, but also pastes it at the top-left corner (new shortcut ⇧ + Ctrl/⌘ + Alt + V).
- Added a new “Paste” sub menu in Edit in the menu bar.
- Added a new right-click Paste Here option, that pastes content exactly at the position of the mouse cursor.
- Added a new right-click Paste Style option, to make it more discoverable. As a reminder, the styling of an element can be copied with Ctrl/⌘ + C.
- Content pasted onto an infinite canvas is always placed at the center of the viewport.
- Alt-dragging now also works in the Layers panel.
- Massive improvements to the workings of compound shapes ( Merge), including shapes with holes, compound operations involving shapes that touch each other at the edges, and compound paths intersecting multiple times in one place. Also optimized speed and performance.
- Renamed Shading tool to Freehand shaping for more clarity and improved it, especially when holes are involved. Also, drawing a counter-clockwise shape now removes it from the original shape, drawing a clockwise non-intersecting shape adds it. Please see this video: https://cl.ly/2F2r361T3G2o. Tip: Be sure that the shape has a border applied for the Freehand shaping tool to work correctly.
- Improved saving, to prevent loss of progress when saving fails. Also, it’s now ensured that files have finished saving when closing the application.
- Opening a panel in the Inspector (color picker for example) now dims the background for more visibility. This also simplifies closing panels. Please see https://cl.ly/472j3U1o343Y.
- The background color can now be set for pages with an infinite canvas.
- All file formats allow to set the background color now in the Export dialog ( File → Export → Export…)
- Improved Light and Dark themes with additional icons in the toolbar, to make these functions more discoverable. Furthermore, you can now change between the new left-aligned icons and the former grouped appearance of the icons in the Settings.
- Brought entire signup/login workflow as well as the user settings to Gravit Designer. No popups or external pages anymore.
- New elements are now added on the correct position of the hierarchy in the Layers Panel, for example when adding a rectangle shape.
- Removed all inappropriate graphics from the Libraries, to make them suitable to a wider audience.
- Improved display of images clipped to text layers.
- Optimized “pinch to zoom” on Mac trackpads.
- Paths now also have proper handles to resize and rotate.
- Improved importing of EPS files with text layers.
- The Knife tool now also works on compound paths.
- Renamed Shading tool to Freehand Shaping for more clarity.
- Renamed Split selection to Ungroup selection for more clarity.
- EPS files can now be imported from File → Import → Place image…
- Character spacing isn’t added at the end of text layers anymore.
- Fixed that slices are smaller when being exported.
- Vertical and horizontal paths (or lines) can now be rotated and flipped properly.
- Ensured that SVGs are opened with the correct dimensions.
- Solved multiple problems with the grid: Switching between grid types doesn’t reset the size anymore; the isometric grid isn’t synced with the normal grid anymore; properly remembering the formerly set grid settings; switching to another document unit doesn’t affect snapping anymore; fixed some rendering artifacts; limited the grid to minimal values.
- Fixed rounding off anchor points with the right mouse button for shapes converted to a path.
- Switching between different types of anchor points now works correctly.
- PressingCtrl +/- (to zoom into the canvas) when an input field is focused doesn’t zoom the browser window anymore.
- Fixed that exporting JPEGs from File → Export → JPEG from an infinite canvas used a wrong background color (black).
- Switched off “Autoscale Borders” for newly created elements when adopting the styling from another element.
- Template previews aren’t distorted anymore in the welcome dialog.
- Fixed that aligning anchor points and undoing changes the appearance of the element.
- Switching from Auto to Fixed width/height text can be properly undone now.
- Make Exportable now exports multiple file formats properly.
- Various bug fixes in Firefox:
- Wrong display of certain effects.
- Arrows of drop down menus.
- Preview images of effects.
May. 24, 2018
- Critical fix for the view mode, which prevented to switch to Output view.
- Enabled click tracking, to track usage of features. This is to learn which unused features to remove, to slim down Gravit Designer, and which highly used features to expand and improve. Please note that no user data is tracked.
Apr. 18, 2018
- Making a double-click on a path doesn’t select the entire path anymore.
- Improved PDF support for certain situations with complicated paths.
- Added a warning message when attempting to open files from cloud services such as OneDrive. Due to a bug in Electron (caused by node.js) files need to be copied to the local hard-drive to load properly for now.
- Fixed a problem with effects, that caused unexpected lines to appear on the canvas.
- Fixed loading files in corrupted installations.
- When using the Transform tool, the last element doesn’t keep selected after the transformation anymore.
- Fixed a bug that prevented certain fonts from being imported.
Mar. 27, 2018
- General improvements to EPS import.
- Increased compatibility of old files with symbols.
- When “Autoscale Clipped Shapes” is off, shapes in clipped groups are now anchored to the top-left to make resizing more predictable.
- Symbols fixes: Deleting and adding a symbol creates it correctly as a master again; resetting an instance with an image works again.
- Fixed that the Recolor effect shows correct values in input fields.
- All icons can be dragged out correctly from the Libraries again.
- Fixed EPS import in desktop apps.
- Changing from English to Portuguese version works correctly again.
- Enlarged the login window to make all options visible.
- “Place image” works again for PDF files.
Mar. 19, 2018
Please read more about this release on Medium: https://medium.com/gravitdesigner/back-from-the-dead-gravit-designer-3-3-360b38c08127
Nov. 30, 2017
Linux: download here: https://designer.gravit.io/_downloads/linux/GravitDesigner.zip?v=3.2.6 (there are currently some caching issues with the link on https://designer.io.
Windows: Please be sure to remove the old version before installing Gravit Designer 3.2.6.
Please note that the app store versions (Windows, MacOS, Chrome OS) may take some days until they are available.
- More improvements to font importing: we still haven’t ironed out all bugs, but importing fonts should now work across all systems and platforms.
- Made sure that all system fonts are now available in the desktop apps.
- Solved a bug where a text layer is blank when added.
- Added a warning if overlarge images are imported, that could harm the performance.
- Switching between grid types doesn’t break the isometric grid anymore.
- Fixed a bug where the selection box wasn’t correctly updated for nested groups.
- Updated the iPhone presets on the welcome screen.
- “Don’t display message again” on welcome screen missed the checkbox.
- Made some improvements to SVG importing.
- Clipped shapes are now resized correctly alongside other elements.
- Fixed that Arial Black and some other fonts now display correctly.
- Duplicating an element while the Transform tool is opened now retains the selection handles.
- Fixed a bug where the file preview and the actual fill showed a different result.
- Opening a new file doesn’t close old one anymore on Linux.
- Exporting a PDF from “Make exportable” retains effects now.
- Font weight field now shows the correct wight name instead of “Regular.”
- Fixed a bug where the selection box didn’t show correctly for some layers.
- Changed “Export > PDF” in the menu bar to “PDF Document (.pdf) at 72dpi” to prevent confusion about the expected output.
- Fixed a problem with Surface Pro 4 device, that prevented filling input fields.
- Improved loading of .gvdesign files.
- Improved importing of PDF files.
- Fixed PDF exporting indicator.
- Added warning, that shows when there was a problem saving to the Gravit Cloud.
- Performance improvements to grouping and moving elements.
- Border on text layers doesn’t freeze Gravit Designer anymore.
- Alt-dragging Pages works again.
- Moving all types of layers works smoothly again.
- Styling gets transferred correctly between layers again.
- There’s only one dialog now for multiple missing fonts.
- Selecting alternatives for missing fonts works correctly again.
- System fonts work again on all systems.
- Performance problems solved on desktop versions.
- Applying a border to text layers with a gradient fill works again.
- “Split Path” is back to normal.
- Selecting all elements of a design now really selects all objects.
- Font-importing is also back to normal. (Some minor issues still happening, will be fixed with 3.2.6.)
- Fixed a bug with text layers showing a “Missing font” warning.
- Font importing and system fonts work across all systems now.
- User gets warned when uploading an image, that’s too large.
- Fixed many bugs with Symbols.
- Application window can be moved properly again on Linux.
- Correct text alignment icons.
- Removed Ctrl/⌘ + S to create strike-through text while in text edit mode. Now, the document is saved instead.
- Compound shapes can be resized and anchored properly again when inside of a group.
- Grouping and moving elements doesn’t freeze the application anymore.
- Fixed multiple bugs in Firefox.
- Line-endings work correctly for all types of lines again.
- Custom guides can be moved properly again.
- Fixed problems with saving to the Gravit Cloud.
- Flattening an image doesn’t create a strange grid overlay anymore.
- Changed “Business Card” preset to the correct size of 85 x 55 mm.
Version 3.2.1 and 3.2.2
- Fixes to the Linux build
Read the related blog article: https://medium.com/gravitdesigner/hot-off-the-presses-gravit-designer-3-2-c04879484a62
- Symbols: The best from Sketch and Figma, combined in Gravit Designer.
- Open recent files list.
- New “Mask with Shape” option: Easier discoverable (new option in right-click menu), keyboard shortcut ( ⇧ + Ctrl/⌘ + M), easier handing (mask can be above the content).
- Snap Packages for Linux: Installing on Linux is now easier than ever.
- Ability to resize layers with the keyboard
- Groups can be created from individual layers.
- All icons from icons8.com are available in the Libraries tab.
- New checkbox “Scale font on resizing” for text layers, that lets you decide whether the text frame is resized or the font size itself.
- New “Flatten” option (from “Modify” in the menu bar) converts the currently selected layer or group to a flattened bitmap. This is mainly to reduce the complexity of resized images or elaborate vectors.
- Enhanced anchoring options: It now works for groups too, not only pages.
- Improvements to color swatches: Now they show the opacity, if they belong to the RGB or CMYK color space, they can be rearranged, and you can save and load them.
- Improved visibility of themes: we made sure that each interface element is perfectly visible in each theme.
- Improvements to Pages: Flip their dimensions and trim them to the content.
- Reduced file size of desktop apps. Chinese language file isn’t downloaded with the application anymore.
- Layers are highlighted in the Layers panel when you hover them on the canvas.
- “Make exportable” also includes the PDF file format.
- While showing the measurements guides with Alt, it’s still possible to move layers.
- Assets are exported with lowercase file endings.
- Tutorials were moved into the “Help” menu in the menu bar.
- Checking the “Keep Ratio” switch also applies to elements that are resized on the canvas.
- Simplified image cropping: It’s not only easier to catch the selection handles, but also to move the image inside the frame and to reset it.
- Anchoring also works for groups, not only for individual elements.
- Clicking on the font size field selects the value to enable quick changes.
- The grid is now shown no matter if you switch it on in the inspector or the menu bar.
- New checkbox “Scale font on resizing” for text layers, that lets you decide whether the text frame is resized or the font size itself.
- And many bug fixes.
- And many bug fixes.
- Improved the stability of the app
- Alert user when saving to the cloud has intermittent issue
- Lines will now snap to other nodes when dragging
- Added support for text colors to the “In use” swatches
- Added option to export text as curves for PDF
- Fixed an issue where copy paste is broken in Safari
- Fixed an issue where designs sometime will fail to sync to the cloud
- Fixed an issue where Safari saving design to cloud will render broken preview image
- Fixed an issue where copy paste objects between design will not bring over the styles
- Fixed an issue where export design in Safari browser will hang the app
- Fixed an issue where nothing happens when change the vector pattern
- Fixed an issue with multiple missing fonts dialog when import a PDF
- Fixed an issue where mac app does not open in corporate network with proxy
- Fixed an issue where the app will take longer time to load due to the youtube api
- Fixed an issue where apostrophes will get mess up during PDF Export
- Fixed an issue where images exported from desktop app have the extension in full caps
- Fixed an issue where clicking on the font size field does not highlight the value
- Fixed an issue where there are weird snapping when rotating shapes with shift key
- Fixed an issue where the gradient handles will reset to original position when change gradient stop to another color
- Fixed an issue where pressing Enter key in the font resize field does not apply the font size.
- Fixed an issue where pressing ESC key does not close the font size drop down menu
- Fixed an issue where isometric grid will give render artifacts when dragging shapes
- Fixed an issue where lasso tool does not remove selected points when draw on them
- Fixed an issue where open PDF Import break text frame apart for mix text styles
- Fixed an issue of the position of overlay when resizing window
- Fixed an issue of the show sidebar action
the related blog article: https://medium.com/gravitdesigner/gravit-designer-3-1-just-landed-5a042ee0921f
- International text support, including Cyrillic, Chinese, Polish, Japanese and Vietnamese.
- Import of Sketch files: Full support except Symbols, which are imported in a flattened state for now.
- Improved gradient editor on the canvas for linear and radial gradients.
- Improved image saving: reduces the file size of designs including bitmaps by about 300% and improves the loading and saving time.
- Plugin development environment: we have prepared everything for you on GitHub so that you can start developing plugins.
- Gravit Cloud integration: upload and manage your designs right in Gravit and open them on all platforms. Exchange designs with our all new Gravit Klex.
- Migration of old Gravit.io into new Gravit Designer: All users and designs are transferred from the old platform, so nothing is lost.
- Gravit Designer fully localized to Chinese. Includes the interface, handling of text and the website.
- Improved SVG export: now the names of groups and layers and preserved as IDs in the exported SVGs. You can also define the number of decimal places (default: 3, up to 6).
- Measurement guides: Hold Alt to show the spacing between elements. Also, guides are now indicated in relation to the parent.
- Fullscreen mode: Leverage the maximum space to work on your designs.
- Improvements to “Pages”: ability to quickly duplicate pages with Alt-drag, among others.
- More presets: for example “A” paper sizes, iPads, etc.
- Inline Video Tutorials to get started with Gravit Designer right away.
- Assets and templates: Choose from a multitude of different assets, such as illustrations and icons, as well as ready-made templates to be used in Gravit Designer.
- Ability to in/decrement values in input fields in 0.1 steps with Alt.
- And many bug fixes.
- Added 32-bit and portable version
- New white and dark theme options on the welcome dialog.
- Automatically detect used colors and order them by how many times they are used.
- Alt click on swatches to select objects of same solid or gradient color properties
- Copy paste text will now paste as pure text to other apps.
- Improves the SVG import to allow most design elements from Adobe XD
- Added Fit page command on document panel to trim transparent pixels.
- Web fonts listing will now sort by alphabetical order.
- SVG export will output leaner codes when export shapes with borders.
- Fixes a few more Bacci popping out errors.
- Fixes a bug where using alignment options on selected path nodes will align to the page instead.
- Fixes a bug where it will give imprecise undo with Anchor feature.
- Fixes a bug where Open Sans font weight menu should list only available styles instead of all styles.
- Fixes a bug where texture when paste looks different from original pattern when zoom.
- Fixes a bug where the gradient rotation control is missing from UI.
- Fixes a bug where moving using subselect tool outside the selected paths will move other elements instead of the path itself.
- Fixes a bug where copy paste image does not work.
- Fixes a bug where print function does not work for Mac app.
- Fixes a bug where opened designs will lose linked to master pages.
- Fixes a bug where texture fill will render grey fill when performing images via copy paste.
- Added version number on new document dialog window
- Improve UX when user change a transparent color to a solid color using eyedropper will always render the color as 100% opacity
- Temporary removed system fonts from browser and chrome version until is ready
- More bugfixes with Bacci error popping up
- Fixes a bug where colors from palette can now be assigned to current gradient stop without reset to solid fill
- Fixes a bug for ChromeOS when overwrite an existing file from gravit that the file is not being either truncated or deleted prior to writing the new data.
- Fixes a bug where Mirror effect doe not work when object has Inner or Drop Shadow
- Fixes a bug where a selected shape does not assign share style when creating it
- Fixes a bug when opening of svg, pdf and images using place/import on chromeOS app
- 40+ Bugfixes with errors popping up
- Web Fonts and System Fonts now fully functional
- Improved Subselection handling
- Submit Gravit Designer app to Mac and Windows app store for approval.
- Added web links product homepage, change log and blog on welcome dialog popup.
- Better swatches where global colors are the ones that will be available across all documents whereas you’ll only be able to use Document Colors in that particular document. Gradient and patterns are included too.
- Shared Styles for fills, borders, effects and text of multiple elements. Use the “Sync” button to apply the new style changes to all its instances.
- Added opacity and blending mode support for groups
- Remembered last directory of inserted images or working folder. It will also always start in the directory of current open document if there’s no last directory yet.
- Improved the responsiveness of Layers panel for selection of multiple objects at once.
- Added the current measure unit to the ruler.
- Added “Show Effects” under view menu to allow disable of all effects.
- Improved the zoom amount so now can view faster with mouse wheel scroll.
- Improved Split path so it will select the path nodes after split for both open and closed paths.
- Enable appearance properties for elements without fill style.
- Added error dialog window.
- Added context menu for Layers to allow easy access to selected objects.
- Improved the sub-selection of nodes behavior when working with paths.
- Fixes a bug where file opened in Linux will not work with pan tool and won’t be able to select master page.
- Fixes a bug when show or hide outline or inspector panel, the objects on canvas view show render issue.
- Fixes a bug where dragging a group object messes its selection box.
- Fixes a bug where polygon shapes with border center and outside gets trim off when resize.
- Fixes a bug where canvas will give painting artifact when width or height is set to zero value.
- Fixes a bug when using Select all (Ctrl + A) is selecting items from all pages when it should select only the items from current page.
- Fixes a bug where Outline panel will not load correctly when load.
- Fixes a bug where cannot undo back to original color after paste style is applied.
- Fixes a bug when nothing selected command + “zoom” does not aim at center of the screen.
- Fixes a bug where the ruler text measure are rendering blurry in non retina displays.
- Fixes a bug where paste style for text will also duplicate original text from clipboard to other text object.
- Fixes a bug when shift click to select multiple groups on Layers panel, it will expand the groups instead of just selecting them.
- Fixes a bug where clipped object does not conform to the compound shape.
- Fixes a bug where the subselect is not working for the paths clipped inside the compound path.
- Fixes a bug when 2 or more objects selected, the alignment should respect the area of selection and not the page.
- Fixes a bug where after adding slice using Export panel, the app will kind of freeze.
- Fixes a bug where SVG are not exporting single rounded corners shapes correctly.
- Fixes a bug where rounded polygon shape after duplicate does not retain its corners correctly.
- Fixes a bug where JPEG in PDF does not export correctly to CMYK colors.
- Fixes a bug when you input the width or height for group object will not resize the object at all and give render issue.