Gvdesign: The Ultimate Guide to Gravit Designer Files
What is a Gvdesign file?
A Gvdesign file contains vector image designs created by Gravit Designer, the native vector graphics software for handling this file format. The file stores images and their design settings, including document units and page sizes. Common document units you need to keep in mind include picas, pixels, and inches, among others.
Gvdesign is the primary file format associated with Gravit Designer, so you can expect Gravit-related tools, such as Gravit Klex, to open documents created from this file type. To create a Gvdesign file, go to File, select New Design, or New Design from Template. Select Save, or Save to File, to complete the action.
This innovative vector graphics software is available for download on most platforms, most notably, Windows, Linux, MacOS, and Chrome OS. You can also download it as a web program residing on your Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Edge browser.
When it comes to saving Gvdesign files in the web version of the software, you can choose the Gravit Cloud, or download it to your device. You’ll find these options on the File menu in Gravit Designer. You can also export your Gravit designs to other formats, such as PDF, JPG, PNG, SVGZ, and SVG.
How to open a Gvdesign file
- Locate the Gvdesign file: Common locations include your downloads folder since you probably downloaded the files from your email, or reputable online location, or your Documents folder if you created them on your device.
- Double-click on the file: If you have Gravit Designer installed on your device, the file should open automatically after you double-click. Alternatively, you can right-click on the file and select from the drop-down menu the software you want to use to open the file. Use this formula if you have two or more vector graphics applications on your system.
- Locate the Gvdesign file.
- Click on the file, select Information, and click Open With
- On the Programs list, click on the Gravit Designer program, or any other suitable program.
- Confirm Change for All, and click Continue
- Click Continue again to confirm changes. All files with the .gv file extension will now be opened with this program.
Use Gravit Designer for your next vector project
Not many vector graphics software are free, and even those with free versions may not provide you with all the important features. For your next vector project, you may consider using Gravit Designer for several reasons:
- It’s available on many platforms: Download and install it on Windows, MacOS Linux, and a host of others.
- This software is portable: A web version is available for installation on your browser, meaning you can access it on all your synced devices.
- User-friendly: Unlike most vector software, Gravit Designer has an easy user interface. You can easily create and use Gvdesign files even as a beginner.
- Cloud computing: You can choose the web version which allows you to store your files in the cloud so you can access them from anywhere and on any internet-enabled device.
If you’re looking for a reliable and easy-to-use vector graphics software compatible on most software platforms, you can consider Gravit Designer. It also allows you to store your files in the cloud, and access them from anywhere.